Thursday, February 12, 2009

Go Number 2!! A perfect, double the fun posting, with your hosts, Tigra and Apollonia 6!


Whelp, day 2 of what is obviously destined to be the most amazing blog ever and already a second post! I'm kind of amazed.

This photo is actually one of my favorites. I look at it and I feel happy. The other day I looked at it and I made some Kumkwat Marmalade. Then I labeled the marmalade with this photo and I gave it to Craig Wetherby, so I herby dedicate this posting to him. I know he will be proud.

Anyway, It's easy to be distracted by the amount of boob here, but it's much more epic than that alone. 

On the left, that's the one and only Lady Tigra, love of my life, totally all-time, best person ever. On the right, that's the legendary Apollonia

Um? Apollonia, is like 50! She still doesn't look as good as my Great Aunt Betty, (ageless class of that level cannot be emulated), but I like her still. Seeing her all sexed up reminds me of that poem from back in the day, "When I'm Old I Shall Wear Purple".

This is how I remember Apollonia:
  Photobucket

To be honest I like her even better now that it's like 20 years later and she still looks like my gay best friend's spicy sex deity.

Apollonia replaced Vanity after she left Prince's crew, (even though everyone knows you could never replace Vanity).  She also went on to do a bunch of other sexy pop stuff, including make a few records and cover Manic Monday.

To make things extra super, Apollonia was totally in love with Tigra and kept trying to make out with her. I think she was overcome by Tigra's au naturalness, and therefor totally love struck. Which, if you ever get the chance to meet/know Tigra you will understand.


1 comment:

  1. Just for reference, Apollonia didn't 'cover' Manic Monday. Prince wrote the song for Apollonia 6's second album, which was never released. There are rough demos floating around. As a result, he gave the song to the Bangles.

    ReplyDelete