Friday, February 13, 2009

What now, Paraskavedekatriaphobia?!



















Day 3 and already tardy posting. 
Shit. 
I know it's mid-day, but it's Friday the 13th, so my paraskavedekatriaphobia has totally been kicking in. 
I had to make sure I posted these photos of Bigfoot, in San Francisco, a few years back at just the right time.
I've been doing a bit research on Friday the 13th, but so far all I can find is a bunch of lame-O stuff. 
Basically, what it comes down to is that nobody ever liked Friday (obviously this superstition pre-dates the modern desk job), and nobody ever trusted the number 13. Put the two together and everybody freaks the eff out. 
Scandinavians apparently referred to this as the "Witches" Sabbath, because every Friday 12 witches would gather with the devil! Obviously we can all now see why this superstition is relevant today.
According to some place called the Stress Management Center and Phobia Institute, "an estimated  17- 21 million people are are affected by their fear of this day." They go on to say that because of this we loose about $800-$900 million. 
WTF?! 
Those people need to take a deep breath and get it the fuck together. They need to get all Victor Miller and start making lemonade from lemons. His ass made like a bazillion dollars by embracing Friday the 13th!  
My next post is going to have to be something that reminds me of patience and being non-judgmental, because that statistic annoys me so much.
For now enjoy these pics of devil loving (or at least curious) Bigfoot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment