Thursday, February 12, 2009

Feliz Cumpleanos, Chuck D!

So, apparently today is the two-hundred year birthday of Charles Darwin. Talk about a dude that shook some shit up.  
I heard on NPR this morning that some religious types refer to this day as "The End of The Age of God." Dayum. 
I thought I was feeling particularly blasphemous when I woke up today, and now I know why! 
I read on Wikipedia that, "Scientists and academics sometimes celebrate Feb, 12th with "Phylum Feast" events- a meal with foods from as many different phyla as they could manage." I have no idea what Phylum is, but my friend Racheal is coming over for dinner and that is totally what we are eating! Happy Birthday, Chuck! Thanks for being a smart guy and keeping it real!
For now, here's a few more Darwinesque photos, that don't exactly scream evolution but somehow just feel right:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment