Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Der Himmel über Berlin


Photobucket
Last night I watched Wim Wenders' "Wings Of Desire" and it is totally reminding me how I sometimes want to pack all my s*** and move to Berlin.


In the movie, an angel watching over the divided city becomes bored of his duties and finds himself lured to Earth and it's human experiences. After falling in love with a lost trapeze artist, the deal is then sealed when he hears about simple joy of coffee and cigarettes, as described by Peter Faulk, a mortal aware of his angelic presence.
That's actually pretty much how it goes.
I did used to go to circus camp, so maybe I have a soft-spot for trapeze artists, but I swear the movie is amazing. All of the hipsters will confirm what I am saying too. Plus, in 1987 it won a whole bunch of well-deserved artsy awards at Cannes and what not, so my cinematic taste must be on point for this one.
This cameo, towards the end, with Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds was totally a bonus.

There are lots of cool shots of the standing wall in the movie, but here are some Polaroids of the East side from a few years ago:

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

...And the view out of my Berlin apt:

No comments:

Post a Comment