Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ayn Rand Can You Hear Me?


I've been making my way through Ayn Rand's epic 1957 novel, Atlas Shrugged, so obviously, I'm leaning towards the philosophical tip as I wrap up the last chapter. The whole book's been reminding me of this Polaroid from Italy circa 2004. It's the perfect excuse to post something in the name of stopping the motor of the world!

At the moment, John Galt is sounding off to the nation and I'm fully into Rand's totally far-out, intentional, Godless, free-thinking, all-to-rare mind. I love this lady.

Hopefully when she died in 1982, she died happy and secure in her "Objectivism" ways, because 52 years ago, homegirl definitely caused a ruckus in the God-fearing US of A and I'd hate to think there's no peace in the end for a gal like that. Either way, Im just glad she left the book, some good interviews and an especially fierce footprint from the intellectual mind of the Old-World.

Ayn Rand x Mike Wallace Interview 1959:

No comments:

Post a Comment